Dealt with some lingering JUMP Lite login issues for employees and parking. Began work on preparing brax to replace apollo as our Luminis IV test server. As part of the EBS system makes use of apollo spoke with Bill on what we will need to do in order to move that code from apollo to brax.
We now have the USask drag and drop working in Luminis III, including their ‘add stuff’ feature. There are some aspects of this we need to tweak prior to putting it into production. Also when time permits I will look at reworking the ‘add stuff’ feature to make use of AJAX/JSON as opposed to being a traditional channel embedded in the layout. I feel this will give a performance boast as we have noticed very little customisation to Luminis so no sense in pulling in a bunch of content that may never get used.
Responded to Sungard in regards to our recent LDAP migration issue and their desire for our export data. I have requested they get back to me with the break point sand variable monitoring the develoepr would like to do (assuming that was at the heart of the request for data) and said I can do this and share the results.
I had forgot to mention that yesterday I produced a list of JUMP users where the course population job was wishing to change the id the courses should be attached to according to the policy that was worked out between Brian and myself. A number of these were because the id initially chosen are technically no longer eligible for an account while the others are eligible for either just that the id selected is not the preferred one according to the policy. This has been forwarded off to Brian for his thoughts on how best to proceed.
As for today I worked with Sandy, Jennifer, and Lloyd to troubleshoot a recent problem where some employees are unable to sign into JUMP Lite to renew their parking. At this point there is a discussion that parking services will need to have with HR to potentially alter the rules for access. This will be transparent to the code that authenticates JUMP Lite users.
I have begun work on developing an application that will be used to migrate the calendar data from Luminis III to IV. Part of the cleanup will be to remove a custom timezone that we had added when we went live with JUMP, as well as a routine to clear out any calendar events that are older then two years. The hope will be that the calendar pruning will be able to be ran more regularly. At this point the code is in an early stage so there is not much to report here.