Archive

Posts Tagged ‘research’

luminis migration

June 5th, 2009 No comments

The main issue affecting us currently is the small change to the baseDN suffix in Luminis IV. We have been told that if we make it the same the migration script should work. However the migration script is also meant to handle such a change.

Well today it looks like I may have tracked down the reason for the issue. In all the translations that the mgiration script does, it does not translate the property values from the old system before loading them into the new system. As such the old system does contain various properties that contain an LDAP baseDN. These are used by the system when it is running, but also later parts of the migration for fixing the data. I have adjusted their code that does perform some modifications to the source system property file to correct the values and in tests this afternoon it produces the correct file.

In a few moments I will start up the job that will perform the full migration tonight to see if this resolves things. Of course we will not know anything until tomorrow, I also hope the oracle team gets my e-mail in time to disable the lp4prod recycle. :)

Well look at that they did get it and it has been disabled. Yeah! :)

Daily summary (moorewj)

May 15th, 2009 No comments

Today I spent some time looking into our recent migration attempt of Luminis III to Luminis IV. This was manily an exercise to try and find where in the migration code base it was picking up the old LDAP server’s base DN. Sadly more time will be needed here to track down this issue.

I also deal with bugzilla tickets 3422 and 3429. For Ticket 3429 I created a new Bugzilla component for JUMP called ‘Course: Duplicate PIDM’ as a means to track course population issues that are caused by the duplicate PIDM problem.

Worked with Lonnie on working out some of the aspects to this blog.