Archive

Posts Tagged ‘summary’

daily summary (moorewj)

June 15th, 2009 No comments

Last week found out we were facing a new defect with the migration. In this case admin permissions for manipulating channels were missing after the migration. With suggestions from Sungard over the weekend I installed LP IV on romulus and performed another migration.

This time post migration we have access to these admin level functions. So prior to this post things were in good shape for Debbie and Brian to test, not so for Dave, Naramada, and Bill. But now everyone can take part on vulcan (lumnext.cc.umanitoba.ca) to fix up the custom channels. Perhaps on the weekend I will try and put in some of my new custom channels.

daily summary (moorewj)

May 26th, 2009 No comments

Spent the day trying to install Luminis IV on brax. Brax is replacing our current Luminis IV test system apollo. Brax is also giving us an opportunity to install Luminis IV on a RHEL 4 system. However I ran into a number of issues throughout the day that caused the installation to fail requiring contact with the vendor.

At the end of the day the suggestion was to wipe the installation and try again. I was able to wipe the installation prior to heading for home so will attempt the install tomorrow.

I aslo found time to do a mockup of the earnings statement channel for a meeting that Kevin was going into tomorrow. This mockup can be viewed at the following location http://luminisd.cc.umanitoba.ca/flex/earnings.html

daily summary (moorewj)

May 22nd, 2009 No comments

Had a brief discussion with Brian in regards to where we are potentially going with handling RSS content in the future. I also began work installing the USask Drag and Drop into development. At this point it is there, but some aspects are throwing errors (i.e. add stuff). I hope to iron those out next week.

We also talked about the idea of switching back to the out of the box webmail client solution for JUMP as opposed to the link to Horde/IMP. Further talk will be needed.

daily summary(moorewj)

May 21st, 2009 No comments

Today I continued work on building an application that will filter out old events from our calendar files. It appears to have been successful against my ical file. I am lacking the various proeprty settings at the top of an iCal file but that will be tomorrows task.

The plan is to use the same property data in the orignal file for the new one, minus any non America/Chicago timezone properties.

daily summary(moorewj)

May 20th, 2009 No comments

I had forgot to mention that yesterday I produced a list of JUMP users where the course population job was wishing to change the id the courses should be attached to according to the policy that was worked out between Brian and myself. A number of these were because the id initially chosen are technically no longer eligible for an account while the others are eligible for either just that the id selected is not the preferred one according to the policy. This has been forwarded off to Brian for his thoughts on how best to proceed.

As for today I worked with Sandy, Jennifer, and Lloyd to troubleshoot a recent problem where some employees are unable to sign into JUMP Lite to renew their parking.  At this point there is a discussion that parking services will need to have with HR to potentially alter the rules for access. This will be transparent to the code that authenticates JUMP Lite users.

I have begun work on developing an application that will be used to migrate the calendar data from Luminis III to IV. Part of the cleanup will be to remove a custom timezone that we had added when we went live with JUMP, as well as a routine to clear out any calendar events that are older then two years. The hope will be that the calendar pruning will be able to be ran more regularly. At this point the code is in an early stage so there is not much to report here.

Daily summary (moorewj)

May 15th, 2009 No comments

Today I spent some time looking into our recent migration attempt of Luminis III to Luminis IV. This was manily an exercise to try and find where in the migration code base it was picking up the old LDAP server’s base DN. Sadly more time will be needed here to track down this issue.

I also deal with bugzilla tickets 3422 and 3429. For Ticket 3429 I created a new Bugzilla component for JUMP called ‘Course: Duplicate PIDM’ as a means to track course population issues that are caused by the duplicate PIDM problem.

Worked with Lonnie on working out some of the aspects to this blog.