So its seems that for some Android users with operating system version 4.0.4, particularly Samsung Galaxy S2/S3 and the Motorola xt910 are having problems loading the latest version of the app.
The app, while being loaded, crashes without providing an error message of any significance.
The problem seems to lie with having certain options set within the phones developer options. Particularly with the “Do not keep activities” option.
- go into Settings
- navigate down to Developer Options, should be near the bottom of the list.
- Make sure that everything is unchecked.
- back out of there and restart the app.
We have not encountered this issue before it doesn’t appear to be an app issue but a configuration of the device operating system.
We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
It is with great pleasure that I announce to the world that UManitoba version 2.5 was released today. The new version is live for download in Google Play and Apple App Store. Go get it!
So whats new you ask?
- The maps feature has been totally re-designed. Where Am I? has been properly integrated into the Maps micro-app and the micro-app itself is now native. It pulls its data from a Google web service. There is a new Search feature as well so that you can search by keywords if you like. Or you can select a layer to view.
- The springboard, that main screen that you see when you launch the app has been improved so that icons lay themselves out better based on the device dimensions in use.
- UMFM is now mobile!
- UMFM has Live Streaming
- UMFM has Live Sessions, Podcasts and much much more!
- You can listen to UMFM even if the app is closed.
- Twitter UI has changed due to increased restrictions to how their API (thats the stuff we use to gain access to their data) is used.
- Added our own navigation bar for web based features like D2L or Libraries.
- Food Micro-App. If you want to know what food locations are on campus then go here!
- News and Events have been re-worked so that they load faster.
- Important Dates and Exam Schedule has been added to Student micro-app.
- many bug fixes and enhancements.
If you have any comments please submit them via the feedback micro-app.
Happy New Year