Sooooooo the goods news is the login issue has been solved. Students should now be able to easily login to the mobile app with their UMnetID’s.
However we now have a new problem and that is during peak times (during the day mostly) when students login they are not seeing any data in the Courses feature.
Well it has taken us a bit longer then anticipated to figure out where and what in the communications pipeline is breaking down.
As of last Friday, November 27th, we think we have isolated the problem and we are now working on fixing it. The fix is going to require a few teams to get the patch completed so I anticipate the update may be moved into production, hopefully, by the end of the week.
My apologies go out to students trying to use the app to get information on their courses, books, grades and exams.
We have been working very hard on this issue and we think we have solved the mobile server congestion issues that is the root cause of students not being able to login to the mobile app.
We are still experiencing intermittent delays with being able to login to the mobile app but not near as bad as last Friday or earlier this week.
To help improve connection capability further I have added a couple of tweaks to the mobile application. I have submitted the new version to Apple and I have asked Apple to expedite the approval process so that we can get this updated version into students hands ASAP.
So the new app may be live on the Apple App Store as early as later today or as late as late next week :(. Hopefully they will approve the expedite request.
Android version should be live by early this afternoon.
We are continuing to monitor the server congestion situation and will continue to take any necessary action to improve through put.
We are currently experiencing a problem with the new mobile server that our new student mobile application uses to connect students to the course information.
Students may experience difficulties logging into their app or delays in obtaining their data within the Courses feature if they are successful with authentication.
We hope to have this issue resolved within the new couple of days.
Sorry for any inconvenience this is causing.